Dead Kel during a cinematic in Cliffbreak Fasting
|Quest Giver||Captain Brattigan|
|Location||Cape Solace (Gallows End)|
|Prerequisite||The Legend of Dead Kel|
|Next Quest||Dark Harbor|
I've arrived safely at the village of Cape Solace on the remote island of Gallows End. I should speak with Captain Brattigan to find out if there's a way we can secure passage back to the mainland.
- After talking to Captain Brattigan the Fateless One should head Scuttle Beach to search for other survivors from The Calamity.
- Scuttle Beach is located due North-East of the village.
- Thorir Arding can be found on the other side of a big ship wreck from the entrance. He asks the Fateless One to rescue his wife, who was taken to the nearby Cliffbreak Fasting.
- In the Fasting, Nina Malloi introduces herself and offers help finding Asa Arding.
- A handful of Scavs and some Faer Gorta stand between the Fateless One and Asa Arding, but the path is linear. She explains that Dead Kel and his crew attacked the ship and stripped everything, and that Kel is nearby.
- A path opens up, and the Fateless One should continue onwards after healing.
- As every self-respecting megalomaniac does, Dead Kel proclaims the futility of trying to kill him and the miserable death awaiting everyone on his island. He then disappears, leaving behind a host of Faer Gorta Captains and Faer Gorta Shipmen.
- Once they're down Nina mentions another wreck, and the Fateless One can send her off to pursue the crew inlands or to explore the wreck. See Notes.
- Another passage opens up, which the Fateless One can use to return to the beginning of the dungeon.
- Return back to Captain Brattigan who will tell you a bit more about upcoming sacrifice and Dead Kel, and will then send you on to your next quest Dark Harbor.
- Flotsam Chakrams (unique) (not always there actually, believe me I know)
- A Message in a Bottle II can be found south-east of Souldeep Fasting
- A Message in a Bottle III can be found on the eastern side of Cape Solace by jumping down from the gallows into the water and heading out. It is near the three-way junction before the path narrows and goes under the path above.
- The Cliffbreak Fasting contains a Blacksmithing Forge.
- The Fasting also contains Map Fragment - Cape Solace - needed for Scattered Fragments.
- Sending Nina on her little adventure can have different consequences based on the choice:
- After returning from the first adventure (regardless of the outcome) nina mentions seeing another ship, this one intact, and its crew. The Fateless One can once again decide - whether to send her after the leader or have her stay in the village.