Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Witch reveals herself
|Quest Giver||Captain Brattigan|
|Location||Cape Solace (Gallows End)|
|Next Quest||An Offering|
|Reward||a large sum of gold|
I've stolen Dead Kel's pirate ship, The Requiem, and I can now leave the island. However, I still have business on Gallows End. I should speak to Captain Brattigan to learn how to find Bridgette Malloi so I can protect her from the spy.
- Bridgette Malloi should be in the Souldeep Fasting on the western side of Cape Solace, so that is where the Fateless One should start.
- The first sign something is wrong is the lack of Watchers outside. There's an injured one just past the entrance. He tells the Fateless One that the current Scion, Bridgette Malloi, has gone mad, attacked everyone and then disappeared.
- At the end of the corridor awaits a new, fancy fate-blasting feature: Fate Door.
- Past 4 'fate doors', several Scavs, and a Gallows End Lorestone, the Fateless One finally finds Bridgette. However, she is in fact the Whispering Witch possessing Bridgette's body. She acknowledges the Fateless One's power to manipulate fate is far superior to hers, reveals some details of Dead Kel's plan regarding The Offering, and attacks the Fateless One.
- The fight begins with The Witch still in Bridgette's body and two Faer Gorta Captains at her side.
- She is very easy to kill in this state and the Faer Gorta disappear once this is done, hence all attacks should be focused on her.
- After a brief but spectacular cinematic the Witch appears, summons two Scavs, and the real fight begins.
- She is tough, has powerful ranged attacks which cover most of the room, and she tends to teleport to a ledge (where she cannot be attacked) in order to fire a few ranged volleys or summmon more Scavs. Her weapon is a staff, and it seems to offer her similar moves to the ones the Fateless One can learn through Arcane Weaponry.
- The easiest way to deal with The Witch is to wait until she teleports back from the ledge and unleash the reckoning.
- Once all foes are dead the Fateless One can loot The Wavemaker off The Witch and the Scion's Amulet and Letter to Bridgette off Bridgette's body.
- The quest will end after the Fateless One speaks to Alder Malloi back in Cape Solace and agrees to become the next Scion.
- At the north-east corner of the passage leading back to the beginning of the Fasting there are two more 'fate doors'. In order to open these the Fateless One must enter the reckoning mode manually. Behind one door is a pair of chests containing random items. Behind the other door is a collection of plants.
- There are also some fate doors inside several other fastings.