|Thick as Thieves|
| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
|Quest Giver||Grim Onwig|
|Prerequisite||The Purloined Letters|
|Reward||twist of fate + Shadowskin Armor Set|
In the final quest you have to face the Hierophant and choose who to side with, the Hierophant or Grim. After stealing the book and the shroud you have to choose which of the two to frame for the theft. In the lair, if you take the west wing you will frame the Hierophant; if you chose the east wing you will frame Grim.
The reward is a set of armor made out of the Shroud of Shadows.
- Talk to Grim Onwig in the Hospitalis Quarters and he will tell you that it is time to frame the Hierophant for stealing the Missives of Sable.
- Return to Sun Camp, and go down into the grave.
- Just inside the grave, the Hierophant will talk to you and suggest that you side with them. You choice of answer does not matter for now.
- Then you talk to Crilgarin who will give you further instructions, but she will not accompany you or fight with you.
- Travel further along in and to the south in the Hierophant's Den to pickpocket the bag of wind off the Hierophant's guard.
Hierophant's Den : seven(7) Piles, one(1) Weapon Rack, two(2) Easy-locked chests, one(1) Average-locked chest, four(4) Hard-locked chests, one(1) Average-locked door, two(2) Unlocked chests, three(3) Traps, one(1) Very Hard-locked door, one(1) Very Hard chest.
- Return back through the large rectangular room and along to the right but stop immediately at the bottom of the stairs. Running into the room with the large statue of the "Watcher" will sound an alarm to announce your presence. To prevent your being seen, use the bag of wind just a few steps from the bottom of the stairs but before entering the room (an arrow indicates the spot to use the Bag of Wind). The Bag of Wind will blow out the torches in the room throwing the room into darkness and allowing you to pass unseen.
- Once through the Watcher room, you need to choose a side and plant the evidence on either Grim Onwig by going right or on the Hierophant by going left.
NOTE : Either way, you get NO XP nor Gold for completing this quest.
- After planting the book, Gnomish Sentinels will immediately appear and raid the underground tunnels, forcing you to escape with your allies.
- FYI - You cannot kill Grim Onwig or his three sentries. The best method of planting the Missives on him is to drink a potion of Phasewalking, plant the Missives, and quickly jump down at the indicated jump point before he goes berserk. The quest will not continue until you jump down.
- After the quest Gawait Hand, Harriset Donnel, and Parwen Well all relocate to the Thirsty Wench tavern in Whitestone.
- During the escape, follow your allies closely as you run towards the exit. They will stop if they are too far away from you, and if left in the cave will stay there. Crilgarin is especially susceptible to this, and if you don't follow Phasmer directly down towards her (when meeting up with her), she will not actually escape with you, but will instead stand in the room permanently.
- Note: Can be fixed by going back upstairs and running down the staircase on the right (where Phasmer came down).
- Also be careful not to get too close to the Hierophant when you first enter this dungeon or you could possibly get trapped inside the door she closes after speaking with you.