|The Widow's Wrath|
|Prerequisite||Cutting the Threads|
|Reward||Gold, Various loot|
The Widow's Wrath is a follow-up to the quest Cutting the Threads.
- Return back to Canneroc where the village is attacked by spiders. Save the townspeople. Don't let them die or they're gone for good.
- Once the spiders are dead, talk to whoever you left in charge. Once you explain that the The Widow is responsible, you will be sent to Cathrus to find the The Widow.
- Make sure you take with you a fire producing or enchanted weapon so that you can cut through several web "doors" to get to loot.
- Inside Cathrus, the Widow approaches you and offers you a choice to Kill the Villagers or attack her.
Kill The ResidentsEdit
- Kill them all!
- They will not respawn and all services will be unavailable.
- Inside Cathrus, fight through the waves of spiders until you get to the end and take her down.
- Return back to Canneroc to complete the quest.
Killing the WidowEdit
This fight may be challenging for a low level player as there are many mobs and the Widow can deal heavy damage. As the fight progresses, the Widow will summon waves of Venomspitters and Giant Spiders to help her, often in groups of four or more.
The Widow's main attack shoots a purple orb at the player after a brief animation similar to a staff charge attack. The orb has homing capabilities and travels fairly quickly. The orb deals large amounts of damage and it's recommended for lower level players to dodge at the last second rather than block; lower level shields will not be able to block the entire hit.
The Widow also has a teleporting ability and can heal her spiders if they are low on health.
The fastest way to defeat the Widow is to save up Fate Energy while defeating the spider guardians in Cathrus and use Reckoning mode to focus down the Widow, ignoring the summoned spiders. However, the summoned spiders give additional experience and players wanting to gain more xp may choose to focus on the spiders while dodging the Widow's attacks. AoE weapons are recommended due to the large number of enemies.
Kill The ResidentsEdit
- Canneroc is a ghost town. No smithing or store services. Although you can still use the altars.
- Xp based on level
- Loot from the residents
- 2000 gold
- Xp based on level
- ~2000 Gold
- Loot from the Widow and various spiders.
- Canneroc Gossamer, and more deposited in your house over time.
- It is highly recommended to kill the Widow as you gain FAR greater rewards from killing her than from killing the residents. If you really want to kill civilians, just make a save and then go on a rampage. Revert back afterwards.
- After the Widow's death, settlers begin returning to Webwood. In the Northeast previously abandoned camp (where a Lorestone was present), your mini map will show one settler. As you approach, 8 will single file spawn from the first NPC...rather interesting to watch. They do not mind your looting their two chests either.
Caution: Quest may be glitched, where the widow will not appear at the beginning of cathura, she is in fact still back at castle yolvan you can talk to her there, Where she will teleport to the front of the Cathura Caves, as opposed to the very end of the Cathura caves. To get around this go through the caves and clear out the spiders, BUT do not enter the final chamber or it will send u back to the beginning of the cave where the widow is standing. Instead, after clearing out the spiders go back to the beginning of the area where the widow is standing, and attack her like a civilian, go into aggressive mode and attack her again, train her all the way to final chamber where you can take her on properly without the boss battle glitching.
Boss Health: For an unknown reason, the Widow's health meter did not fully fill up on one run through as the final fight with her began. I had sprinted up to her, prior to her speaking without any area status effects on. Upon reload, same thing occured. Level 17, Finesse build, hard difficulty. Level 16 upon entering Cathrus. If anyone duplicates this, please post. If not, feel free to remove this edit as it may just be a result of the area level lock or minor glitch. This occured same character, level 13 vs Maid of Windmere, House of Ballads Questline.