|The Treasures of Culn|
|Quest Giver||Lord Cras|
|Reward||Experience, optional Gold|
The former lord of Castle Dolve Arne, Cras, is trying to build a new village for the refugees of Culn. Weeks ago, they stored their bulky valuables in Bitter Cove. If I recover these treasures we can sell them to raise money.
- Collect the five treasures:
- Enter Bitter Cove, your first treasure is right inside. Watch out as a trap guards it.
- Follows the path north where you will be attacked by a few Kobold Rogues. This treasure is not surrounded by traps. It is the painting leaning on the wall.
- Follow the path south, you will be ambushed by groups of Kobolds and Kobold Rogues. There is a bear-trap in front of the chest.
- Continue heading south. A poorly hidden trap is set up prior to the boxes you have to break. This can be disarmed it from either side.
- This last treasure is well guarded by about six Kobolds. They sit around a campfire and may be susceptible to assassinations depending on sneak skills. Watch out for the Kobold Nightblade.
- Return to Lord Cras back out the way you came. Talk to him to return the treasures, and he will tell you to follow Urlik to collect your reward.
- After following Urlik, and potentially fighting off creatures of the Forsaken Plain, he will reveal that he was instructed by Cras to kill you. You can either kill him, or persuade him that Cras lied to him as well.
- Travel to Rathir, and find Cras near in the north near the docks. If you don't fast travel to Rathir, a Mountain Troll attacks you on the way out. Upon speaking with Lord Cras he offers you the options of either letting him go or turning him in. Letting him go grants a leveled sum of Gold; turning him in grants a leveled amount of Experience.
- Turning him in grants leveled XP,
- Letting him go free earns you Gold and slightly less XP.
- When you catch up with Lord Cras, you can either let him go free or send him go to jail. There's no option to kill him.
- You can always pick-pocket Lord Cras before confronting him, and then turn him in. Although the amount of gold he carries will be randomized and unlikely to be more than 1,000 Gold (can even be as low as 5).
- After Urlik is killed he drops a small sum of Gold and the Letter to Urlik.
- He can also be pickpocketed (after a successful persuasion attempt) for the letter.
- Killing Cras's body guard may result in a murder charge. This causes Cras to cower in fear, with no dialogue or optional choice.
- If the bug appears, you can simply attack him and get caught and then pay the fine or go to jail. Then everything should be back to normal and he won't cower in fear. (The bug happens because you kill Ulrik and you commit a crime by doing so.) Or you can wait several days and return to him and he will enter dialogue normally.