|The Silent Step|
|Quest Giver||Hierophant Shrine|
|Prerequisite||The Guided Hands|
Meet with Aergase
Go to Arduath
Travel to Arduath, in the northernmost area of The Sidhe. When you enter you will open a door and begin hearing Ametair's Voice. You will have a chance to persuade him, but he will inevitably tell you that he cannot give you the boots and you will have to kill him before he can give them up.
- Make a savegame before speaking with Ametair: During dialogue he will lock the exit.
- A successful persuasion will give you the unique amulet named, The Hunter's Friend
- If you are out of or do not use healing potions you may eat the reagent Black Cohosh to recover 10-15 HP per. You may not eat many at once, however, you can eat one, go out of inventory, back into your inventory immediately and eat another. This is especially important if you are affected by his bleeding attack. During the chase, you can retreat after hitting him (he moves forward in the cave after a small percentage of damage) giving yourself time to recover. Ranged spells or other attacks help.
- The chests can be left for later. Upon reentry, Arduath is filled with Boggarts and your friendly neighborhood Thresh.
To get Buru's Boots, you will have to engage and kill Ametair. As you bring him down in health, he will vanish and go deeper into Arduath. Depending on the damage you can inflict, you might need to only hit him once. This happens three times. On the fourth encounter he will stay to fight. You cannot save the game between these four phases.
During the last encounter, if you are too far from him he can vanish and shortly after springs up from the earth close to you. If you are close he just chases you around.
Recover the Boots
Loot the Buru's Boots from Ametair's body. Note : Ametair will only drop the boots and nothing else, unlike most bosses.
Return to Crilgarin
Bring the boots back to Star Camp and give them to Crilgarin, and she gives you the information for the next quest (as well as some level-dependent Gold & XP for completing the quest).
- Use a ranged weapon against Ametair, to keep out of range of his Faeblades.
- Sorcerers in the final fight should rush him to prevent him from vanishing, which will do if you are too far away. Open with Storm Bolt to stun him, then follow up with a big attack to hopefully kill him outright.
- Do not use Fate Shift until the last room of the fight. Using it at the start will let it run out before you can get the XP boost.
- Ametair's faeblades can cause you to Bleed, so be careful that you don't get hit.
- Ametair's bleeding effect is not severe, and can be easily countered with health-regenerating gear.