|The Natural Order|
|Quest Giver||Kester Barclay|
|Reward||gold, Evalyne's Ring|
The Natural Order is a quest received in Didenhil.
- Talk to Kester Barclay in Didenhil, he will tell you about a problem with Jottun.
- Go to Coilsbain Cavern, N-W of Didenhil. It has 2 areas.
- Kill the 10 Jottun. They are marked on the map.
- In the second area, after the 2 Jottun, there will be a door leading to a non-hostile NPC, Balthasar.
- SAVE before entering his room if you want to succeed at a Persuasion attempt.
- Get ready for battle because the NPC will become hostile and will summon minions. You can retreat outside this room, on the bridge, so that the minions don't crowd you.
- Once the NPC is dead, loot the chest in the middle of the room and exit the dungeon.
- Convince him his enemies have joined sides against him. Successful persuaion leads to the NPC leaving but promising to return.
- Loot the room.
- A successful persuasion can avoid the fight.
- If you retreat back down the bridge far enough, the faer gorta will follow but Balthasar will not. After you defeat all the faer gorta, you can go back into the main chamber and Balthasar will summon more. This allows you to keep gaining XP over and over. (Possible limit on this of two times.)