|Location||Akara-Tor (Gallows End)|
|Reward||Signet of the Erathi, Twist of Fate - The Buccaneer|
I've discovered the secret connection between Akara and Dead Kel, and now its time for me to face the notorious pirate and end his threat to this island and the outside world. He waits for me in the lair of Akara the Exile.
- The quest starts with some dialogue with Dead Kel, which soon turns into battle. Dead Kel summons several Faer Gorta to his aid, and tends to hide underground until all his minions are down. There is a brief period of time when he reappears to attack him, before he hides again.
- As ever, reckoning mode is the best way to kill him fast.
- When Dead Kel's health reaches zero he needs to be fateshifted to make sure he stays dead. This will happen even if the Fateless One has no fate energy.
- Since this is a story-triggered fateshift it gets a special cinematic - a ball-and-chain finish.
- The moment Dead Kel dies Akara starts bringing the mountain down and the Fateless One needs to run so as not to be buried in the cavern. Several Boggart Urchins await en-route to the exit to make this more difficult, and there are some chests to loot along the way too.
- Once outside the chosen companion has something to say, and the Fateless One is transported back to Cape Solace.
- Quay awaits outside the village finish the quest. He will reward you with both the Signet of the Erathi and Twist of Fate - The Buccaneer
- Dead Kel drops the longsword Torment.
- The companion that you chose can get bugged and won't follow you through the cave. If you continue through then he/she will be reverted near you, but in the end when leaving the cave the companion will be stuck inside, preventing you from talking to them and moving on. If you notice that they aren't moving when you first enter the cave reload it from when you first enter until they begin to move. This will also happen occalsionally if your companion dies midquest in which case you must start from your nearest save and try again. If your latest save doesn't solve this problem but is still located before the final cave-in try the following:
- Lure the last boggart you can find to the beach.
- When the boggart reaches it's maximum following range, is about to turn around and run to it's original spot punch it toward the beach with no weapon equipped. This might take some time, so to make sure you do the fewest damage possible put the game difficulity on hard for when it's not.
- Stop punching the boggart the exact moment the second to last cave-in occurs, the bogart might run back but will be trapped by the cave-in
- ? Run towards the beach, yet run back the exact moment your companion re-spawns.
- The boggart and your companion should start fighting, after your companion kills the boggart it should run with you to the beach.