|Quest Giver||Hallam the White|
|Location||House of Ballads|
|Prerequisite||Completion of What Lies Beneath|
|Next Quest||Cursed Kingdom|
|Reward||House of Ballads Set|
|Faction||House of Ballads|
The Champions is the fifth quest in the House of Ballads questline.
You receive a Resurrection Potion from Hallam and are on your way. To reach Windemere go to the northeast of Odarath. You will have a short scene with the Maid of Windemere before you reach Sir Airmer. Choose your opponent but watch out for the Crudoks that jump into the fray. Loot the unlucky challenger for the House of Ballads Set.
Alternately at a high enough level of dispelling (level 4) you can dispel the curse and get the armor without a fight.
Equip the set to unlock the door (you can remove the armor right after that) and move east to fight a Rock Troll that impedes your path. Climb to the top of the hill to discover and you will meet the Maid of Windemere again who tells you that you cannot procede without defeating Sir Elswin (Champion of Windemere) who was already killed. Run back down into the water and find his corpse (located closest to where the river breaks in two paths but on the eastern side). Resurrect Sir Elswin and then Re-slay him. Before heading up the ramp again check the water for a chest.
Cross the gorge and face off with Creth or Airmer and a Thresh (alternatively you can dispel here as well to avoid the battle - level 4). With all foes out of the way, enter Summer's End.
- Sir Elswin takes his death pretty calmly. Just ask him how he died.
- It is possible to use the skill Dispel on Sir Airmer and Sir Creth, which results in them giving you the House of Ballads Armor. (This was achieved with a Dispel skill of 4.)
- With a higher dispel skill it is possible to rescue every member in the Court of Enchantments. (A Dispel skill of 8)
- Some players are unable to resurrect Sir Elswin and are only offered a dialog option on his corpse. One solution is to enter hostile mode and attack his corpse until he 'dies'. After that, interacting with the corpse a second time should allow the use of the resurrection potion. Converse and then kill him (again) as per the quest objective.
- Some players have found after dispelling of killing either Sir Creth or Sir Airmer they don't recieve the full set of needed equipment rendering the entire quest line unfinishable there are no current fixes to this problem.