Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Blades and the Seal|
|Quest Giver||Drewn Ansilla|
|Prerequisite||Breaking The Siege|
Drewn Ansilla cannot take his place on the throne until he can prove his legitimacy. To do this he needs the Verdant Blades and the Seal of Ansilla, both locked in a family lock box. The key to the lock box is held by Hillared Gastyr, Drewn's rival and childhood sweetheart.
Acquiring the Ansilla KeyEdit
- Hillared Gastyr can be found in Castle Gastyr, located in the South-West part of the Northern region of the Caeled Coast.
- In order to get the key the Fateless One must choose the dialogue option about Drewn Ansilla or the Ansilla key (Note: Hillared's dialogue choice box has a scroll bar - without scrolling down, you cannot see the Ansilla Key dialogue option).
- Obtaining the key requires a successful persuasion check.
- Alternatively, the Fateless One can return to Drewn Ansilla to get his ring as proof that Drewn is alive.
- The key cannot be pickpocketed off her, but Drewn's ring can be pickpocketed off of him to prove he's alive. An easy way to do that is drinking phasewalk potions(quality doesn't matter.), rendering you invisible for a limited time.
Retrieving the Blades and the SealEdit
- The items are located in the fortress of Seawatch, in the eastern region of Southern Caeled Coast.
- There are three Ansilla Family Lockboxes. The key is removed when this quest ends and any unopened lockboxes will be inaccessible.
Return to DrewnEdit
- Return back to Drewn Ansilla, either in Ansilla Camp or inside Castle Ansilla, to receive your reward and finish the quest (level-based XP ~3500 at level39, and the chakrams the Verdant Blades).
- If the Fateless One opens all three Ansilla Family Lockboxes then two copies of the Seal remain in the inventory and cannot be removed - so do NOT take the other two(2) copies, even if you open all three(3) boxes.
- Similarly, if you do not intend to use Drewn's Ring to exchange for the Ansilla Key, do NOT get it from Drewn, either by asking for it or by pickpocketing it. Drewn's Ring is a quest item, not an accessory, and it will get stuck in your inventory if not used for this quest. It cannot be sold, even to a fence.
- The Verdant Blades are weak infrequent chakrams [that cannot be salvaged].
- If you get side-tracked once you've started this quest and complete other quests in the meantime, Drewn Ansilla will not be found at Ansilla Camp to pickpocket. Instead, go to the Castle Ansilla - he will just inside the doorway on the right.
- In case you don't have a Phasewalk Potion handy, it doesn't matter if you get caught pickpocketing him - just run away from the angry Drewn and exit the castle to continue the quest. When you return, he'll thank you and reward just the same.
- Phasewalk potions, which are randomly sold in each Traveler's Camps (Moon, Star and Sun), can be brewed using alchemy workbench. Click the link how to make a Minor Phasewalk potion.
- The Phasewalk potions are always available at the merchant/fence located in the lower level of Rathir, two(2) at a time and after awhile they respawn in her inventory.