| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
|Quest Giver||Aethan Engar|
|Location||Scholia Arcana - Main Hall|
|Prerequisite||The Unquiet Bride|
|Next Quest||Lightning in a Bottle|
- Aethan Engar will send you off to Emaire to talk to Anker Edmure.
- Travel to Emaire, and go into Edmure's house. Anker will tell you he needs the heart of a paragon Barghest to make a pendant of warmth.
- Travel north to kill the barghest and then return back to Anker Edmure. He will take the heart and give you a Pendant of Warmth.
- Travel to the west edge of Cradle of Summer, and enter Shardfall.
- Fight your way through Shardfall, avoiding or disarming the traps.
- Partway through you will find Donnel Cutty's body and continue on to Cadoc Reen, who is also possessed. Converse with her and then kill her.
- After confronting/killing Cadoc Reen and exiting Shardfall cavern, you will be automatically thrown into conversation with Anker Edmure - he will give you Gem Cutting Handwraps in exchange for Donnel Cutty's Ring (which you will find/found on his body in the cavern)
- Return to Eran Methneen in the main hall of the Scholia Arcana in Rathir. He will give you a note from Aethan and the Adept's Ring and send you to your next quest Lightning in a Bottle.
Some notable loot found includes:
- Gem Cutting Handwraps (unique gloves given by Anker Edmure when you get out of the Shardfall cave, after confronting Cadoc Reen)
- Grasp of the Dark Empyrean (dropped by Cadoc Reen)
- Level-dependant XP, but no gold (for quest completion)
- Adept's Ring (given by Eran Methneen at the Scholia Arcana in Rathir upon quest completion)
- The Apprentice never loads in Shardfall, making it impossible to continue on the questline. If this happens, and you jump off the ledge in Shardfall, the fight never happens, and you get stuck. Hopefully they will fix this bug. Game maker defunct...only way to get around these bugs is to save, save, save. Have several save files going from the start of a quest and entrance to a dungeon. 9xs out of 10 the bug does not appear again after you reload.
- Avoid talking to Edmune immediately after exiting the cave. He initiates dialogue, hit your escape action button. Run past him, past the waterfall, then return to converse with him. An odd bug occurs in which your health/mana/fate/arrows menu and your minimap disappear forever sometimes if you go into direct conversation with him. I verified this with 4 saves. It has to do with how quickly you converse with him and go into dialogue about his assistant. Perhaps everything does not have time to load because of his closeness to the cave and the length of its entrance. Traveling to other areas, dungeons, does not reload your menus and maps. Be sure to save prior to exiting the cave in case this happens. There is no fix to it.