Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about the Shardfall Quest. For the location, see Shardfall.
| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
|Quest Giver||Aethan Engar|
|Location||Scholia Arcana - Main Hall|
|Prerequisite||The Unquiet Bride|
|Next Quest||Lightning in a Bottle|
- Aethan Engar will send you off to Emaire to talk to Anker Edmure.
- Travel to Emaire, and go into Edmure's house. Anker will tell you he needs the heart of a paragon Barghest to make a pendant of warmth.
- Travel north to kill the barghest and then return back to Anker Edmure. He will take the heart and give you a Pendant of Warmth.
- Travel to the west edge of Cradle of Summer, and enter Shardfall.
- Fight your way through Shardfall, avoiding or disarming the numerous traps inside.
- Partway through you will find Donnel Cutty's body and continue on to find Cadoc Reen, who is also possessed. Converse with "him", after which a fight will immediately ensue.
- After killing Cadoc Reen he will drop the mysterious Frost Stone. After exiting Shardfall cavern, you will be automatically thrown into conversation with Anker Edmure - he will give you Gem Cutting Handwraps in exchange for Donnel Cutty's Ring (which you should have found on his body in the cavern).
- Return to Eran Methneen in the main hall of the Scholia Arcana in Rathir. He will give you a note from Aethan and the Adept's Ring and send you to your next quest Lightning in a Bottle.
Some notable loot found includes:
- Gem Cutting Handwraps (unique gloves given by Anker Edmure when you get out of the Shardfall cave, after confronting Cadoc Reen).
- Grasp of the Dark Empyrean (dropped by Cadoc Reen).
- Level-dependant XP, but no gold (for quest completion).
- Adept's Ring (given by Eran Methneen at the Scholia Arcana in Rathir upon quest completion).
- Though Edmure warns that none can go into Shardfall without the pendant of warmth on their bodies, you needn't equip it to be able to enter once you have it.
- It is possible for the Apprentice to never load in Shardfall, making it impossible to continue on the questline. If this occurs (and have already jumped off the ledge in Shardfall) the fight never happens and the player is unable to progress. There are currently no fixes for this. The only known workaround is to reload a previous save.
- A bug can occur in which your health/mana/fate/arrows menu and your minimap disappear from the HUD sometimes if you go into direct conversation with Edmune after exiting the cave. If he initiates dialogue, hit your escape action button. Run past him and pass the waterfall, then return to converse with him. There is currently no fix to this bug and therefore it is recommended to save prior to exiting the cave in case this happens.
- This bug is believed to be due to how soon you converse with Edmune after leaving the cave and progress the dialogue to asking about what has become of his assistant. This is possibly due to the HUD being unable to completlely load prior to the conversation due to his close location to the exit of the cave.
- However, some players have also reported the problem still occurring even when they teleported away & walked back to try and avoid the bug. They found that the only time the bug didn't happen was if they:
- Teleported away as soon as the area outside Shardfall loaded.
- Walked back to the entrance.
- Then ONLY selected the conversation about Donnel Cutty (do not open the shop menu or choose any other conversation option).