Zefwyn on Scouting Mission report
|Quest Giver||Zefwyn Lan|
Zefwyn Lan has taken a position as chief scout of Gravehal Keep. He will identify shipwrecks off the coast, and then I can dispatch him to investigate the salvage. He and I will split the spoils.
|Rare Find (Unique Items)|
All types of Gears
|Almain Sojourner|| Alchemy Reagents|
|Leggings of the High Seas|
|Volcanic Glass Ring|
|Dvergan Raider|| Blacksmithing Materials|
|Gnomish Trireme|| Books|
Bertrand Seznec (see Notes)
|Whale Tooth Pendant|
|Starry Eye Pearl Necklace|
|Barb Tortoise Shell|
- Note: As I had been a pure Might build when I arrived Castaway Cove for the first time, the armor piece that I had scavenged from the corpse nearby was The Leviathan's Shell. The "Rare Find" armor piece for salvaging Merchant Vessel is possibly determined by what armor piece one have found on that corpse. I am still trying to find a way to obtain The Leviathan's Shell, Corsiar's Shirt and The Magister's Boatcloak all together.
When on a mission it is possible that Zefwyn will be attacked, in which case he will deposit his loot somewhere and report its location to the Fateless One. Such locations will usually be guarded by stronger monsters.
- Zefwyn will offer a random choice of 3 from the vessels stated above which he can explore.
- The list can be changed by choosing "Not right now" and trying again.
- Once the Fateless One decides where to send him, Zefwyn will head out.
- He will return in a day with his results (or lack of thereof). The quest log will update when he is back.
- The quest can be repeated as desired.
- Sleeping for 9 hours is enough to trigger an update for this quest.
- When sending Zefwyn to salvage a Gnomish Trireme there is a high chance he will rescue Bertrand Seznec, a master-level alchemy trainer. Bertrand will then offer his services in the courtyard.
- Bertrand may also be rescued when salvaging a Alfar Warship or an Almain Sojourner (both similar case, cannot found him through several search attempts on Gnomish Trireme)
- When sending Zefwyn to salvage a Warsworn Galley there is a high chance he will rescue Marten Strand a master-level stealth trainer. Marten will then offer his services in the main hall.
- Marten Strand may also be rescued when salvaging a Traveler's Sloop or a Merchant Vessel.
- There are three possible results for each salvaging attempt: "Regular Find", "Chased Away" and "Rare Find". The results were already determined when you had chosen the place to salvage, only that the possible loot from "Regular Find" and "Chased Away" are determined when acquiring them.
- "Rare Find" event may occurs after salvaging the same location for several times, but one can only recieve one "Rare Find" item for each location during a playthrough. (add: not only one unique item at a playthrough, I've found three times the Deckhand Boots on the Warsworn Galley salvage).
- EDIT: It is possible to loot rare gears (such as golden ones which are part of set) from throughout the whole game via this quest (useful if you are searching some to complete your set or a collector of rares). I have confirmed several such as Eagonn's, Kerrod's, Gaea's, and Crucible part(s) from searching the Warsworn's vessel (since it only drops might armor. The other class items may be obtained from different vessel: finesse from Varani's and sorcery from Arcane's). It is advised to quicksave before you talk to Zefwyn after he's back from his search (or before taking the loot bag if you got the 'chased away' result), since the items are given at random. Note: The quality of the items you will receive are proportional to your character level, eg: when you do this search at level 40, you will receive only flawless tier components, high tier gears, etc.
- IT has been reported that after obtaining a rare item, Zefwyn sometimes comes back with another rare item. However, nothing is given to the Fateless One.