Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Using the Blacksmithing skill on the Blacksmith Forge, you can breakdown equipment and salvage some of its parts. These parts can then be used to craft weapons and armor you need.
Each item can be salvaged into exactly four predictable components that depend on the item type. Three components are common and one is uncommon. The salvaged components are sometimes different from the components used to craft the item. Common items drop about 50% of the time and uncommon items drop about 10% of the time (needs verification).
- - Salvaged components differ from crafting components.
The component must be listed below and the equipment item must drop the component type for the component to be possible (may not be a complete list). Unfortunately, many equipment items have stats that cannot be salvaged into components. Default means that this component is salvaged when no other component is possible. The components can be of varying quality: Basic, Improved, Greater, Master or Flawless.
Core components (dowel, cloth, chestpiece, etc.) always can drop so they are not listed here.
The default component for bindings is Simple Bindings (+5 Health).
- Amplified Bindings: +5% / +12% / +15% Critical Hit Damage with Physical
- Arcane Bindings: +10% / +15% / +20% Damage with Magic
- Assailing Bindings: +8% / +15% Damage vs. lightly wounded targets
- Charged Bindings: +5% / +7% / +10% / +20% Lightning Damage
- Clarity Bindings: +3% / +6% / +7% Chance to Critical Hit with Physical
- Damaging Bindings: +10% / +14% / +19% / +30% Damage
- Divine Bindings: +10% / +12% / +14% / +17% / +20% mana
- Enchanted Bindings: +5% / +15% Critical Hit Damage With Magic
- Energizing Bindings: +0.1 / +1 / +2 Health Regen, +0.2 / +1 / +2 Mana Regen
- Flamed Bindings: +5% / +7% / +10% / +20% Fire Damage
- Frosted Bindings: +5% / +7% / +10% / +15% / +20% Ice Damage
- Hardened Bindings: +10 / +20 / +45 / +80 / +100 Health
- Magnifying Bindings: +3% / +4% / +6% / +7% Chance to Critical Hit
- Moonlight Bindings: +5% / +7% / +15% / +20% Night Damage
- Mystic Bindings: +3% / +6% / +7% Chance to Critical Hit with Magic
- Piercing Bindings: +5% / +7% / +20% Piercing Damage
- Rallying Bindings: +7% / +10% / +20% / +35% Physical Damage
- Restoring Bindings: +0.2 / +0.5 / +1 / +1.5 / +2 Mana Regen Per Sec
- Robust Bindings: +20 / +30 / +45 / +60 / +80 Health, +20 / +30 / +45 / +60 / +80 Mana
- Sage Bindings: +10 / +20 / +45 / +80 / +100 Mana
- Slaughtering Bindings: +5% / +15% / +20% Bleeding Damage
- Strengthening Bindings: +14% / +20% Health
- Sunlight Bindings: +5% / +7% / +15% / +20% Damage during Daytime
- Sustaining Bindings: +0.1 / +0.5 / +1.5 / +2 Health Regen
- Tormenting Bindings: +8% / +20% Damage vs. Heavily Wounded targets
Further details can be found here: Bindings
The default component for grips is Basic Grip (+5 Health).
- Clarity Grip +xx% Chance to Critical hit with physical
- Flamed Grip +20% Fire Damage
- Hardened Grip +100 Health
- Robust Grip +80 Health, +80 Mana
- Restoring Grip +2 Mana Regen
- Sage Grip +100 Mana
- Sustaining Grip +2 Health Regen
- Strengthening Grip +20% Health
- Divine Grip +20% Mana
Further details can be found here: Grip
The default component for fulcrum is Crude Fulcrum Weight (+3 Physical Damage).
There are over 40 fulcrum components in the game. A list can be found here: Fulcrum
The default component for handles is Simple Handle (+3 Physical Damage). This list is definitely NOT complete.
- Bloodseeker's Handle +15% Chance to Steal 20 Health
- Butcher's Handle +xx% Damage vs Kobolds and Murghan
- Charged Handle +30 Lightning Damage, +15 Shocking
- Executioner's Handle +20% Damage vs Humanoids
- Flamed Handle +30 Fire Damage, +20 Burning over 7 seconds
- Frosted Handle +30 Ice Damage, +18 Freezing over 8 seconds
- Illuminator's Handle +20% Damage vs Niskaru
- Sharpening Handle +25% Crit Damage
Further details can be found here: Handle
The default component for hilt is Crude Hilt (+3 Physical Damage).
There are more than 50 available hilts in the game. The list can be found here: Hilt
The default component for lining is Threadbare Lining (+4 armor).
- Fortified Lining +30% Melee/Ranged/Magic Block Efficacy
- Charge Ward Lining +15% Lightning Resistancehtning Resistance
- Fire Ward Lining +15% Fire Resistance
- Frost Ward Lining +15% Ice Resistance
- Mending Lining +20% Bleeding Resistance
- Rigid Lining +35 Armor
- Coarse Hide +10% Health
Further details can be found here: Lining
The default component for rivets is Weak Rivets (+5 Health).
- Energizing Rivets +2 Health Regen, +2 Mana Regen
- Hardened Rivets +100 Health
- Magnifying Rivets +7% Crit Chance
- Moonlight Rivets +20% Night Damage
- Restoring Rivets +2 Mana Regen
- Robust Rivets +80 Health, +80 Mana
- Sage Rivets +100 Mana
- Slaughtering Rivets +20% Bleeding Damage
- Sustaining Rivets +2 Health Regen
Further details can be found here: Rivets
The default component for shaft is Simple Shaft (+3 Physical Damage).
There are over 40 shaft components in the game. A list can be found here: Shaft
The default component for string is Novice String (+4 armor) and is the only thing you get normally. The rigid component appears to have a bug in its name (name is Rigid Lining but should be Rigid String) and only drops from items with "Tempered" in the name.
- Rigid Lining (Naming bug) +35 Armor, ONLY drops from Tempered <item>
Further details can be found here: String
The default component for trim is Basic Trim (+4 Armor).
- Charge Ward Trim +15% Lightning Resistance
- Fortified Trim +30% Melee/Ranged/Magic Block Efficacy
- Reinforced Trim +30% Block Efficacy
- Rigid Trim +35 Armor
Further details can be found here: Trim
- The skill level of your blacksmithing does not appear to change the salvage results. Each salvage attempt appears to be random: you may salvage nothing, or you may salvage all available components from a piece of armor or weapon. If you find an item with a desirable stat, provided the stat is a salvagable component, save your game just before attempting to salvage and then reload the save if you do not obtain it. If, say, after 10 or so tries you do not obtain the component, you are either extremely unlucky or the stat is not a salvagable component.
- Some components seem to have a much higher chance of salvage than others. For example, components with offensive stats not exclusive to weapons, such as grips and bindings with +x% Elemental Damage, can be considerably harder to salvage than others.
- It is possible to use gems to strengthen some components to flawless, although it is unclear whether this is a bug or not. After extensive testing, it would appear that ALL primary support components for weapons (fulcrums, grips, shafts, etc.) using weapon gems can be improved. SOME combinations of secondary components (rivets, lining, etc.) using utility gems can be improved. Extensive testing has all but eliminated the possibility of using epic gems to improve components.
- It is unclear as of yet whether certain stats in particular cannot be improved with gems, or whether their improvement chances depend on the component the stat is on. For more on this issue see discussion.
- When salvaging an item it is possible to get the same stat on different components. For intance, if you salvage a Longsword with a health bonus, it is possible that the health bonus can be added to either the rivets or the grip component. (Not entirely sure if this particular example is accurate, it's just an attempt to explain this function.) In some rare cases, it is also possible to get two components with the same stat, even if the original item only required one component to add the stat.
- Each item you salvage can yield up to three components at once. It is unlikely that the level of blacksmithing skill affects the chance of getting more components at once, but if you save your game just before salvaging and keep trying you will eventually get three components from one salvage.