|One Man's Trash...|
Before entering Ayten, you will be greeted by a beggar,Ratofer, who proposes you a deal which both of you will benefit from. He will get rid of his items and get some gold and you will make a profit from selling his items.
- Talk to Ratofer in Ayten. He will ask you to sell some of his items. You can either sell them one by one, or purchase all of them for 1100 Gold. If you are interested in getting a persuasion check, you must sell the items one by one. If you buy them all at once, he will leave for Mel Senshir and you will not be given the chance to fetch the deed for Corgan Hold which will yield the persuasion check for this quest.
Ratofer will ask you to sell the following items:
- Bag of Ratofer's Silverware: You can first melt down the silverware to make it worth more for sale. The processed silver can then be sold for 100 to Banraun the Smithy. The original silverware sells for 62 gold.
- Ratofer's Kerchief: Can be sold for 180 Gold at Thorin's Apothecary (with Mercantile skill use) or 112 Gold without a high Mercantile skill.
- Ratofer's Daggers: Can be sold for 337 Gold to Fynwick Iver, or for 450 gold if at least one gem is socketed into them before talking to Fynwick. A gem can also be found in the same chest you found the acid solution in The Golden Plains Inn in Ayten .
- Ratofer's Ring: Can be sold for 600 Gold to Singing Nell. You can first polish the ring with an Acid Solution found in a chest in the upstairs of The Golden Plains Inn. Use the acid then the ring to apply the solution.
- All in all you can sell all items for 1217 Gold which is a profit of 117 Gold, making the option of purchasing the items from Ratofer a poor choice.
- Ratofer will then ask you to fetch and sell the deed to Corgan Hold: It can be found in a chest in Corgan Hold. You sell it to Gordan Lot (for 1050 Gold with a Persuasion check or 690 Gold otherwise - profit 345-525).
- Return back to Ratofer to complete the quest (level-dependant XP award, but no Gold except what you made selling his stuff), he will tell you that he's going to return to the war front.
Some notable loot found includes:
The quest is an either/or choice. If you buy the items lump sum and then sell them off, you get the quick, simple quest "One Man's Trash...", if you go back and forth individually with each item, you receive the lengthier and more profitable "Ratofer's Pawns" Quest. The "Pawns" option, includes the trip to Corgan Hold and the retrieval of the Charter; "Trash" does not.
Do this quest as "Ratofer's Pawns" otherwise Ratofer won't ask you to go and fetch deed in Corgan Hold.
The Merchantile skill can help with this quest. Selling the charter though, has a persuasion check.
Even if the Daggers are properly improved with gems and sold without incident, the Quest line will state that you destroyed the daggers and have to hide the fact from Ratofar. The Quest continues without incident, so simply scripting problem. ...actually, every single item states in the quest update on the quest page that the Fateless One has destroyed the item. Yet, the quest continues correctly.