|One Man's Trash...|
Before entering Ayten, you will be greeted by a beggar,Ratofer, who proposes you a deal which both of you will benefit from. He will get rid of his items and get some gold and you will make a profit from selling his items.
- Talk to Ratofer in Ayten. He will ask you to sell some of his items. You can either sell them one by one, or purchase all of them for 1100 Gold for resale in a single go. He will ask you to sell the following items:
- Bag of Ratofer's Silverware: You can first melt down the silverware to make it worth more for sale. The processed silver can then be sold for 100 to Banraun the Smithy. The original silverware sells for 62 gold.
- Ratofer's Kerchief: Can be sold for 180 Gold at Thorin's Apothecary (with Mercantile skill use)
- Ratofer's Daggers: Can be sold for 337 Gold to Fynwick Iver, or for 450 gold if at least one gem is socketed into them before talking to Fynwick.
- Ratofer's Ring: Can be sold for 600 Gold to Singing Nell. You can first polish the ring with an Acid Solution found in a chest in the upstairs of The Golden Plains Inn. Use the acid then the ring to apply the solution.
- All in all you can sell all items for 1217 Gold which is a profit of 117 Gold, making the option of purchasing the items from Ratofer a poor choice.
- Ratofer will then ask you to fetch and sell the deed to Corgan Hold: It can be found in a chest in Corgan Hold. You sell it to Gordan Lot (for 1050 Gold with a Persuasion check or 690 Gold otherwise - profit 345-525).
- Return back to Ratofer to complete the quest (level-dependant XP award, but no Gold except what you made selling his stuff), he will tell you that he's going to return to the war front.
Some notable loot found includes:
The quest is listed as a side quest, and occasionally can be listed as "Ratofer's Pawns" instead of "One Man's Trash...". It's possible the difference is whether you sell each item individually or you buy all of them and sell them all off at once.
Do this quest as "Ratofer's Pawns" otherwise Ratofer won't ask you to go and fetch deed in Corgan Hold.
The Merchantile skill can help with this quest. Selling the charter though, has a persuasion check.