| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
|Quest Giver||Grim Onwig|
|Next Quest||Outside the Box|
|Reward||Shield of Ambient, Gold|
- After Going Rogue in your discussion with Grim Onwig, he will tell you he wants to remove the Hierophant, and that the first step to doing so is to recover the Glass of Ambient. The glass is located in Blackened Hall
- Travel south along the coast to get to Blackened Hall. Once there, enter, and collect Grim Onwig's stash of equipment, in particular Buru's Boots
- You have three options to traverse the aisle of flame:
- Put on Buru's Boots and sprint through the hallways
- Move slowly, using detect hidden level 8 or above to disarm all of the traps.
- Fate shift, and run through.
- Then you have to travel through the maze, which is just an area with walls that appear and disappear and don't show up on your overview map. You have to fight some Niskaru along the way.
- Finally you have to fight the guardian. Fight him, place the amulet on him and then remove the gem "Tear of Mitharu" from the amulet to curse the guardian, which makes him immobile.
- Note that if you fate shift for this fight you'll only get 1XP.
- Note that even if you batter down the Guardian, it will stand up again seconds later. This will end only if you place the amulet on it.
- Once you've beaten the guardian, pick up the glass of ambient, and return to Grim Onwig
- Speak to Grim Onwig and he will tell you to go to Sun Camp, take some jobs and wait until he and you can work out who the Hierophant is.
Some notable loot found includes:
- Shield of Ambient
- If Detect Hidden skill is high enough you can just disarm the traps in the hallway.
On my return trip from the guardian, the Niskaru I ran into would attack me, but I would get the "Assault" penalty for defending myself.
If you don't equip Buru's Boots to run through the hallways and, like me, choose to disarm the traps, you will be stuck with the boots in your inventory. Fast travel back to the Blackened Hall and equip them. Soon you'll get a message that tells you the boots have disintegrated into nothing.