Jottun is basically a giant enemy type that you can see in the world of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. They mostly use hammers as weapons and are able to kill the hero in a few swings if she/he acts carelessly.
They have various types such as:
- Jottun Runelord (as seen in the screenshot):
- Jottun Runewielder
- Jottun Warrior
- Jottun Chieftain
The list is not complete.
If you are a Finesse-based:
- Stealth attacks can bring them to near death, or kill them outright.
- Use Poison attacks, decreasing their physical damage.
- Shadow flare can reduce their defence and make them lose health.
If you are Might-based:
- Relentless Assault will keep you from being knocked around.
- Quake can easily hit them in number.
- Timed blocks are easier thanks to their slow movement speed.
A Jötunn is a godlike giant in Scandinavian legendry.