Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Faeblades are a type of melee weapon available to the Fateless One in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Using twirling, sweeping area-of-effect attacks, the faeblades are a close-range weapon, good at causing chaos among and disrupting large groups of enemies as well as protecting oneself from counterattacks. Being part of the Finesse-based weapon set, they are intended for use by rogue-style characters, and are bolstered by the Precise Weaponry, Faeblade Mastery, and Assassin's Art passives in the Finesse ability tree.
They have a Fast attack speed, being faster than all other melee weapon types with the exception of the Daggers.
They have a Moderately Low damage output per hit, being more damaging than Daggers, but less damaging than all other melee weapon types. This is offset by their moveset versatility, attack speed, and unique Silent Scythe ability (unlocked by investing in the Assassin's Art ability).
The Fateless One can learn new attack techniques with the faeblades by investing in the Precise Weaponry series of abilities and Assassin's Art ability, and can increase damage delivered by the use of faeblades by investing in the Faeblade Mastery ability.
- Silent Scythe: Attack while undetected to deal tremendous critical damage.
- Twisted Claw: Hold and release to launch forward, inflicting a devastating series of attacks while pushing them backwards.
- Talon Strikes: Attack -> Pause -> Attack to perform a 2-part slashing attack, launching your enemy into the air.
- Cyclone: Attack while dodging to perform a horizontal spinning leap attack.
- Punishment - After a timed parry, attack to perform a spinning jump attack, hitting the enemy many times while midair.
- Main article: Blacksmithing
The Fateless One can craft faeblades at any Blacksmithing Forge by using some curved blades and a fulcrum; rivets and grips are optional components. With sufficient skill, mastercrafted faeblades that offer a bonus percentage to total damage can be created.
- Iron Faeblades
- Steel Faeblades
- Azurite Faeblades
- Sylvanite Faeblades
- Prismere Faeblades
- Primal Faeblades (Teeth of Naros DLC)
- Beak and Talon (The Legend of Dead Kel DLC)
- Cydan's Faeblades
- Demon Horns
- Faeblades of Song
- Fate's Scours (Fate-Touched Weapons Pack DLC)
- Lunala's Crescents (Teeth of Naros DLC)
- The Dove's Wings
- The Dragon's Spurs
- The Lion's Claws
- The Mantis' Legs
- The Salamander's Tail
- The Shark's Fins
- The Swords of Sea and Storm
- The Viper's Fangs
- The Wind (Reckoning Finesse Bonus Pack DLC)
- Zelus & Bia (Teeth of Naros DLC
Notes and AdviceEdit
- Faeblades are notably weaker for stealth-kills than daggers are. The critical damage bonus they receive from stealth is far smaller, making one-hit kills far less common. They also lack the assassination animation of daggers, and attacking with a Faeblade from stealth will cause the Fateless One to emerge from stealth. This makes chaining assassinations extremely difficult
- On the other hand, it is possible to hit several enemies with one attack, which makes dispatching of tightly packed groups of enemies significantly easier.
- Because of their double-edged curving design, Faeblades afford a more 360-degree attack style. Almost all of the attacks within the standard attack chain involve some level of spinning, making enemy counter-attacks difficult. One should take advantage of the flowing, dance-like attack pattern to disrupt as many enemies as possible, as faeblades are far stronger against groups of enemies than their more focused counterpart, the daggers.
- The Faeblades' charge attack, Twisted Claw, is a dash which inflicts massive damage on a single target and pushes them back a considerable distance. This can be used to split a single enemy off from a group if they are proving to be too difficult all at once.