Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was released with Day 1 Downloadable Content, or DLC.
Some DLC is Available Only to those who pre-purchased the game. These include:
- The Fate-Touched Weapons Pack
- This pack includes a weapon of each type available in the game, each of which increases the XP gained in Reckoning Mode.
- The Destinies Choice Pack
- The Ultimate Treasure Hunter Pack
- This pack includes the Dowsing Rod.
- Available only through Amazon.com
Other DLC is available through certain promotions:
- Any new copy of the game includes the "EA Online Pass" which unlocks 7 additional quests of the House of Valor faction.
- Playing the Reckoning Demo unlocks the "Confident" Twists of Fate card, the Infernal Helm, and the Twinned Souls Chakram.
- Playing the Mass Effect 3 Demo unlocks the Omniblade Daggers inspired by the newly weaponized Omni-Tool. Note: Playing Mass Effect 3 prior to playing Kingdom of Amalur will have the same effect.
- The Weapons & Armor Bundle Downloadable Content includes a complete set of gear for each type of pure destiny. Each is available separately for consoles:
- The Legend of Dead Kel includes a brand new quest line, multiple side quests, three Twists of Fate, previously unseen armor and weapons, and a new player home.
- Teeth of Naros opens up a new unique quest line, a new floating city to explore, and multitudes of unlockables.
- The weapon pack items seem to be level-based, their stats and requirements generated when they are acquired.
- The weapon packs are bugged on the Xbox 360
- If the Legend of Dead Kel and Teeth of Naros DLC quests fail to activate upon loading the game, fast-travel to Allestar Tower and then walk to Gorhart. There is a trigger point next to the first lorestone for downloadable content that will add both DLC quests to your journal.