They have a Very Fast attack speed, making them the fastest weapon type in Amalur.
They have the Lowest damage output per hit of all melee weapons, but this is offset by their moveset versatility, attack speed, and unique Backstab ability (unlocked by investing in the Assassin's Art ability).
The Fateless One can learn new attack techniques with the daggers by investing in the Precise Weaponry series of abilities and Assassin's Art ability, and can increase damage delivered by the use of daggers by investing in the Dagger Mastery ability.
- Backstab: Attack while undetected to deal tremendous critical damage, and often execute an enemy with a silent assassination animation.
- Shadowstrike: Hold and release to begin a dashing combo that can be chained up to 5 times.
- Crossfire: Attack -> Pause -> Attack to perform a 2-part stabbing attack. Timing the second attack perfectly will guarantee a critical hit.
- Cross Slash: Attack while dodging to perform a lunging attack that launches the enemy into the air.
- Punishment - After a timed parry, attack to perform a series of rapid strikes.
- Main article: Blacksmithing
The Fateless One can craft daggers at any Blacksmithing Forge by using some small blades and a hilt; rivets and bindings are optional components. With sufficient skill, mastercrafted daggers that offer a bonus percentage to total damage can be created.
- Iron Daggers
- Steel Daggers
- Azurite Daggers
- Sylvanite Daggers
- Prismere Daggers
- Primal Daggers (Teeth of Naros DLC)
- Atropos and Veshani
- Belne's Daggers of Ire (Possible reward for Master Belne (Quest))
- Boning Knives (The Legend of Dead Kel DLC)
- Claws of Astyl
- Dvergan Swords (The Legend of Dead Kel DLC)
- Eyes of Tirnoch
- Fangs of Aodh
- Fate's Needles (Fate-Touched Weapons Pack DLC)
- Kezar's Vice
- Omniblades (Mass Effect 3 Demo Bonus)
- Rend and Carver (Teeth of Naros DLC)
- Shine and Shadow
- Spinning Tom's Blades
- The Night (Reckoning Finesse Bonus Pack DLC)
- Xiphos (Teeth of Naros DLC)
Notes and AdviceEdit
- The Daggers are made for people who prefer speed and precision over strength, focusing on a single enemy rather than a large mass of enemies that surround you.
- One of the daggers' greatest strengths is their ability to land a continuous flurry of blows with varying, player-controlled speed. This makes it relatively easy to switch targets mid-combo and continue the attack chain on a separate enemy for stuns. Since the daggers' attack chain is quite lengthy (7~8 hits!) and they can be intentionally slowed by the player, the player's ability to dodge at any time is left open for the vast majority of battles. Some dagger special attacks are designed to work with dodges and launches as well, so using this knowledge will allow the player to entwine their defense with their offense. Some dagger special attacks can guarantee critical hits if timed precisely, increasing damage output when only a single target matters.
- In the Finesse abilities tree, daggers will also proc things such as Envenomed Edge, Paralytic Poisons, and Execution more frequently. This allows for a devastating string of critical hits that can drop an enemy quickly.
- Triggering the Backstab animation will automatically return the Fateless One to stealth, allowing for chained, undetected assassinations.