|Cutting the Threads|
|Quest Giver||Garaner Vernt or Barten|
|Prerequisite||A Tangled Web|
|Next Quest||The Widow's Wrath|
|Reward||Various loot found inside the Castle|
Garaner Vernt or Barten, depending on choices in the previous quests, will ask the Fateless One to venture to Castle Yolvan. This castle is inhabited by the Summer Fae who, until recently, have used some kind of magic to control the spiders in Webwood. The Fateless One is asked to investigate the Castle to find out what started the spider attacks and how can their leader, the Widow, be stopped.
- Cutting the Threads is offered after resolving A Tangled Web.
- Speak to Barten or Garaner.
- You must go to Castle Yolvan to see how you can rid the town of Canneroc of the dread Widow.
- Castle Yolvan is located north-west of Canneroc. Travel there and when you reach it, kill the Crudok which emerges from the ground, and approach the entrance. After you take him out, locate the secret entrance to the west, while facing the castle.
- When you enter, you receive a new objective, and you must find the five Lorestones within the Castle. The Castle is a linear dungeon and there shouldn't be any problems finding the stones if follow the map. Make sure you activate all stones and watch your steps because the place contains a few traps.
- After you activate all stones, a gate to the west will open. Enter through the gate and you will enter a large hall filled with treasures. At the end of the hall, you will find a Fae who calls herself the Widow. She is a powerful boss but she won't attack you, but instead will send a swarm of spiders. While the Widow teleports herself away, you have to take out all spiders. After killing them to receive a new side-quest: The Widow's Wrath.
- There isn't a reward from the questgiver for completing this quest, but inside the Castle there are many stashes and chests filled with loot.
- You get some XP as a reward for each Yolvan lorestone. You also get XP for your first encounter with The Widow.