|Ballad of Bloody Bones|
|Quest Giver||Hallam the White|
|Location||House of Ballads|
|Prerequisite||Completion of Song of Sir Sagrell|
|Next Quest||Two Knights and a Troll|
|Faction||House of Ballads|
Ballad of Bloody Bones is the second quest in the House of Ballads questline.
I should speak to Hallam the White when I'm ready to aid the House of Ballads in their next adventure. Now that I'm an official member of the House of Ballads, I've been sent South to speak with King Wencen about how best I can help.
You receive a Resurrection Potion at the start of this quest. Head to the southern portion of Ettinmere to find the Ballads Oratory. In the center area you can find King Wencen. Talk to him and check out the Fae cache before leaving to Uduath in the northeast corner of Ettinmere. Loot the chest at the entrance and go south at the split. Give Sir Farrara a hand with the Sprites then open the cell. Go west to fight some Brownies, loot a chest, open a cell, then loot another chest in the cell area.
Progress north and kill the Sprites and Brownies, then loot the chest and open another cell. Continue along the path for more of the same, Brownies, a chest and a cell. As you move east watch out for the poison trap.
You will eventually reach the last area with Brownies, a chest, and a cell. Move east to find Bloody Bones and a chest. After the conversation kill Bloody Bones and the Sprites that assist him. Resurrect Farrara then enter the far east room to find a Fae cache then leave Uduath and return to the House of Ballads.
- Tip- Use your Reckoning when battling Bloody Bones and the Sprites. The final battle is a lot easier using Reckoning and you have the potential of gaining close to 4,000 Experience Points (level-dependant).
- From remains of fights and chests found in Uduath
- Level-dependant XP, but no Gold upon quest completion
- Bloody Bones does not drop anything specific, just random loot
- You can proceed to free the prisoners without first speaking with Sir Farrara. He will remain in the entrance area, allowing you to explore the map alone. Once all five prisoner cells are open, the quest forcibly proceeds without you having to speak with Sir Farrara (and Sir Farrara has nothing to say in that conversation even if he is present). He starts walking toward Bloody Bones. If you speak with Bloody Bones and combat begins, Bloody Bones will ignore you and run to Sir Farrara. Even if you kill Bloody Bones and all his reinforcements before he reaches Sir Farrara, Farrara will drop dead and await resurrection.
- When talking to Bloody Bones, all conversation options lead to battle, including the Persuasion option.
- PS3/Xbox 360/PC (DVD version) - It is possible once you have defeated Bloody Bones that the dialog option will mistakenly say "Talk to Sir Farrara" instead of "Resurrect." The talk option will not work, and you will not be able to resurrect him. To get around this bug, exit and reenter Uduath. Make your way back to the chamber in which the battle took place, and the correct option will present itself, allowing you to continue the quest.
- PS3 version - When battling Bloody Bones it is possible for him to fall off the platform inside his chamber. When this happens there is now way to slay him and therefore no option to revive the fallen Fae. The quest is stuck unless you have a pre-battle save to restore.