| Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
|Quest Giver||Onfei Cather|
|Location||Rathir - Upper City|
|Reward||Gold + Orieator's Shield + Death's Vestments|
Einar Abergast had somehow gone mad after years of solitude in his great house. He believed himself one of Belen's Testament and planned to kill as much of Rathir as he could. But it seems the roots of this began with Coriana Anwon, who long ago spurned his love and left him to bitter solitude.
- Talk to Onfei Cather in the upper city of Rathir. She will ask you to talk to Coriana Anwon about her son's sickness.
- Coriana Anwon asks you to find Lapidus in the Acathan wetlands and to bring it to her son Mallion.
- Obtain the Lapidus Root.
- Bring the herb to Mallion.
- Mallion remembers being given some wine before his incident. Speak to Coriana.
- Coriana rewards with level-dependent gold and offers more if you can find out who was the poisoner.
- Show the poisoned wine to Apothecary Rhewani in the Pryderi.
- Report the Favian Tyrn that Einar Abergast poisoned Mallion Anwon, he will send several members of the watch to Abergast's house.
- Confront Einar Abergast about the poisoning at his house. After entering the house you see Abergast's servant on the floor killed in cold blood. Einar claims it was what the servant wanted.
- Defeat Einar Abergast.
- If two persuasion checks are passed Einar admits guilt and explains that after he was spurned by Coriana he gave himself over to Belen, the god of Death. Then he kills himself.
- You can loot his body for Death's Vestments and house after he is dead.
- Speak to Coriana and be awarded more gold and Orieator's Shield.
Some notable loot found includes:
- Coriana Anwon was once engaged to Einar Abergast, her family made her break that vow.
- In the back of the Abergast House, there's a desk that contains the diary of Einar Abergast titled: "To Her" and provides additional insight on why Einar Abergast turned from a lover into a priest of Belen, the god of death.