Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Fateless One receives Akara's blessing
|Quest Giver||Captain Brattigan|
|Location||Cape Solace (Gallows End)|
|Next Quest||The Exiles|
|Reward||Twist of Fate - The Scion|
I have chosen to take Bridgette Malloi's place as the new village Scion. I must travel to the ruin of Akara-Tor at the top of the northern mountains. Once I arrive, I should speak with Captain Brattigan.
The Ring of the WatchersEdit
- Once the Fateless One reaches Akara-Tor and moves past the wall of non-descript, non-interactable characters Captain Brattigan will explain that the new Scion needs to enter the Circle of Akara at the center of the ruin.
- After approaching the Circle a cinematic begins, showing the Fateless One standing in the Circle, then being infused with a radiant red aura. Afterwards, Dead Kel appears, bitter that the Fateless One took the blessing, "his birthright," away from him.
- It seems the Baronett wants to avenge the other Hanged Men. He is a mage, and has a nasty trick up his sleeve - he summons 4 magical copies of himself. Some of the bystanders will help the Fateless One by, at least, distracting a copy or two. The easiest way to finish this is, as always, to use the Reckoning mode.
- The Baronett drops Baronett's Blades
- After the fight Quay tells the Fateless One to go into Akara-Tor with a companion. The choices are:
- Regardless of the choice, the Twist of Fade award is always +2% XP +10% Elemental Damage and the Fateless One must always jump into the ruins of Akara-Tor.
Note: The dungeon of Akara-Tor is very long, and offers lots of opportunities for loot. Therefore, it is best to visit a merchant before entering.
- Akara-Tor looks like a typical Erathi ruin, decorated with the twisting red roots typical of the island of Gallows End. It's filled with Boggarts and the occasional Bog Thresh or Crudok.
- After reaching a three-way fork, the way ahead is locked and needs to be opened by using an Erathi sigil-stone in the room to the right.
- Finally, when the Fateless One reaches the end of the dungeon the true nature of Akara is revealed - he is, like the great Nyralim, a branch of the Ring of Keozai. Akara reveals the truth about the Scion's purpose: to unmake Dead Kel. Killing him is in the next quest, The Exiles.